How to Clean Tile Floors
Tile is a great flooring option because it’s durable, eco-friendly, and affordable. It’s a great choice for kitchens and bathrooms since tile is waterproof and resists germs and bacteria. Even better, tile floors are very low maintenance. Learn how to clean tile floors quickly and easily.Learning how to clean tile floors the right way will save you from future headaches since a good cleaning routine is the best protection for any floor. Here are some tips on how to clean tile floors.
Protect tile floors from scratches with quick, easy cleaning.
- Sweep/dry mop floors to prevent dull looking floors
- Spot clean spills and stains to protect grout
Mopping helps but avoid the old mop and bucket—dirty water can get into grout.
- Clean with tile floor cleaner
- Use a microfiber mop
Polish floors to restore protective finish every 1-4 months depending on foot traffic.
- Clear furniture and sweep floors
- Scrub grout with a brush and cleaner (a paste of baking soda and water works as well)
- Apply polish and let floors dry