Sustainability in Action
With even more growing attention of responsible environmental practices and social responsibility, we want to refirm our commitment to you. Because of our Swedish heritage, treating people well and caring for our planet are at the core of who we are. The three-legged stool of people, planet and profit is the seat on which Bona engages in business every single day.
Care for All People
People have always been the heart of our business. We put so much care and effort into hardwood flooring because life is lived on the floor. We want every aspect of living with hardwood floors to be durable, beautiful and safe.
We also take care of our employees. This past year our US headquarters was named #1 in Workplace Wellness by the Denver Business Journal. Healthy employees create a healthy environment, so we take time to offer pathways for our employees to live balanced, healthy lives.
In the broader view, we look for opportunities to help and impact people across the globe. From planting trees to partnering with others to help reduce poverty and enable families to support themselves, we know that together, we are stronger.
Protecting the Planet
Concern for the planet has been a foundation of our business since the start. We are proud of our landmark innovations and continued commitment to making the world better for future generations.
- We were the first in our industry to innovate water-based finishes and dust containment systems that evacuate 99.8% of dust.
- We were also first to receive GREENGUARD Gold certification for indoor air quality on our waterborne hardwood floor finishing and floor care products.
- Our Bona free & simple® Hardwood Floor Cleaner is the only hardwood floor cleaner certified by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.
- Our commercial cleaning products are the only hardwood floor cleaners certified by Green Seal.
- Our manufacturing facility is a zero-landfill waste
Profit with a Purpose
As a family-owned company for almost 100 years, profit fuels our mission to service. Profit empowers our brand to do what we know is right. It also sustains our efforts and our passion for developing safe solutions for hardwood floors, creating new earth-friendly innovations and bettering the lives of all people. Hear more about our commitment to sustainability at the Raising the Bar event hosted by MADE SAFE and Good Housekeeping.